Major Incident Manager
The Enterprise Command Center (ECC) is a high-performing globally distributed team that plays a mission-critical role in Incident Management, Problem Management, Change Management and Major Events Planning. The ECC creates value by providing command, control and communication for significant Firm-wide technology / cyber-security incidents. The ECC drives the adoption of best practices through our focus on stability and improving operational transparency across the technology organization.
This Major Incident Manager position is located in the Fusion Resilience Center at 1 New York Plaza, New York.
The role is an opportunity to primarily manage major and severe business impacting technology incidents, predominantly involving large scale infrastructure issues, by coordinating real-time service restoration and actively managing risk. A Major Incident Manager acts as a catalyst to accelerate an incident response while striving to reduce the duration and severity of business impact. As a member of our pro-active, pragmatic, and energetic team, you are in the unique position to interact with people and teams globally, across all levels of the Firm, and influence decisions that have a direct impact on operational stability.
Americas team coverage hours are from 08:00 to 19:00 ET and a typical day would consist of a 9-hour shift, in addition to a rotational holiday/weekend on-call. You would partner with the rest of the team to manage technical remediation calls and the assessment of impact to the business, ensuring that all participating teams are focused on impact remediation and providing timely incident communications to relevant stakeholders. The position requires thinking on one's feet during high-pressure situations, organizational and situational awareness, sound judgement and strong analytical ability.
The role will also involve advising and consulting on processes related to Incident Management, Problem Management and Change Management, as well as the delivery of the other ITSM services. Following any significant incidents, team members will undertake post-incident reviews and follow up with the necessary stakeholders to review lessons learned and drive change that will bring additional stability to the Firm.
Outside of the role, there are opportunities for educational, training and communication programs in technology, building relationships across IT, and numerous opportunities to exemplify the Firm's 5 core values.
Morgan Stanley is a leading global financial services firm providing a wide range of investment banking, securities, investment management and wealth management services. The Firm's employees serve clients worldwide including corporations, governments and individuals from more than 1,200 offices in 43 countries.
As a market leader, the talent and passion of our people is critical to our success. Together, we share a common set of values rooted in integrity, excellence and strong team ethic. Morgan Stanley can provide a superior foundation for building a professional career - a place for people to learn, to achieve and grow. A philosophy that balances personal lifestyles, perspectives and needs is an important part of our culture.
Morgan Stanley is an equal opportunities employer. We work to provide a supportive and inclusive environment where all individuals can maximise their full potential. Our skilled and creative workforce is comprised of individuals drawn from a broad cross-section of the global communities in which we operate and who reflect a variety of backgrounds, talents, perspectives and experiences. Our strong commitment to a culture of inclusion is evident through our constant focus on recruiting, developing and advancing individuals based on their skills and talents.
Division & Department Profile
The mission of the Fusion Resilience Center is to understand, prepare for, respond to, recover and learn from operational threats and incidents that impact the Firm. Fusion provides an integrated and holistic ability to prepare for and deal with a broad landscape of threats that may impact the Firm, from cyber and fraud to technology incidents, weather, natural disasters, geopolitical unrest, terrorist attacks, and pandemics. Fusion is responsible for providing Global Intelligence, managing Global Response Operations, and facilitating Business Resilience across the Firm. With centres in Alpharetta, Baltimore, New York, London, Glasgow, Budapest, Mumbai, Hong Kong, Tokyo, and Singapore, Fusion's 24/7 proactive follow-the-sun model is the cornerstone of the Firm's operational resilience capability.
- Exemplary communicator with the ability to create high quality verbal and written summaries that are comprehensive, accurate and tailored to technology or business partners up to the executive level
- Highly motivated team player with a successful track record of driving consensus via matrix management
- Ability to lead with integrity and remain calm during stressful situations while managing multiple demands and changing priorities
- Crisis management skills:
- Ability to rapidly absorb and understand complex technical situations under pressure
- Ability to facilitate conversations with large groups of remote people
- Ability to translate technical incidents into business terms
- Enthusiasm to learn new technologies, make new contacts and influence the way IT operates
- ECC Major Incident Managers are expected to act as a catalyst to accelerate an incident response striving to reduce the duration and severity of business impact
- The candidate needs to be more than just someone who sends communication notifications and opens conference calls. They need to play an active part throughout the duration of an incident response
- Excellent organizational skills, with the ability to manage multiple tasks simultaneously
- Troubleshooting skills within a supportive environment including a strong sense of commitment and drive towards incident resolution
- Understanding and experience of the technology used in a large infrastructure environment is required (i.e. Linux, Networking, Servers, Databases, Web Infrastructure, Storage, Cyber)
- An understanding of data center infrastructure (i.e. Power, Cooling, Racking) would be advantageous
- Bachelor's degree or higher
Your application has been successfully submitted.