Principle Major Incident Manager
Why Consumer Healthcare?
In GSK Consumer Healthcare, we are on an incredible journey as we prepare to build a new, standalone, world-leading company with a 100% dedicated focus on everyday health. We are doing this at a time when the work we do has never made a difference more. With the COVID pandemic, people are increasingly looking for ways to manage their own health and wellbeing and to take care of their families. This is where we come in. With category leading brands such as Sensodyne, Voltaren and Centrum, built on trusted science and human understanding, and combined with our passion, knowledge and expertise, we are uniquely placed to deliver better everyday health to millions of people across the world and grow a strong, successful business. This is an opportunity to be part of something special!
This role will provide YOU with the opportunity to lead key activities to progress YOUR career!
- Responsible for driving the restoration and recovery of our Technology services, by leading and coordinating multi-functional global technology teams. In parallel, you will act as a trusted single point of communication to key senior partners including business and technology leadership as well as external partners and customer-facing groups.
- Playing an integral role in developing our enterprise-wide Service Assurance capability through driving and aligning operational standard methodologies across the technology organisation.
- Become an ambassador for our Incident Management function and will identify and maintain key relationships with internal and external partners to continually improve the reputation of Consumer Healthcare Technology.
- Working within the ITSM / Incident Management functions being part of a modern software and infrastructure engineering practice within a product-centric and agile Technology organisation.
- This role requires a 24/7 shift pattern including weekends but includes shift allowance as part of a competitive salary and total reward package.
We are looking for responsible specialists with these required skills to achieve our goals:
- Recent experience as an Incident Manager within an Enterprise scale environment demonstrating strong analytical fault finding, diagnostics and troubleshooting skills.
- Previous exposure to ITSM / ITIL toolsets (i.e.:ServiceNow, BMC Remedy, Easyvista, Jira, SMAX) with a clear understanding of how tools should be used to support incident management process activities.
- Deep understanding of the importance and the practical implementation of root cause analysis and the resourcefulness to ensure long term solutions are found for incidents.
- An enthusiastic self-starter with an organised and methodical approach to problem-solving through attention to detail and a demonstrable ability to build relationships with both internal/external, technical and non-technical partners.
- Effective time leadership skills; with the ability to work on multiple tasks simultaneously requiring experience with prioritizing tasks due to shifting priorities, fluctuating workloads, and deadline pressures.
- Contribute to the continued development of our overall Technology Operating Model, defining how we develop and embedded ITIL processes as a part of maturing our Service Assurance capability.
- Operational knowledge of cloud (SaaS, Azure and GCP) and distributed systems architectures.
- Familiar with DevOps and SRE practices
- Understanding of regulations that impact the consumer health industry (e.g., GxP, GDPR / Schrems, Sarbanes Oxley).
- Experience of managing 3rd party providers to ensure governance and oversight on operational performance and recovery
- Good knowledge of system maintenance & monitoring- including application support, assessment, troubleshooting, modifications, performance improvement, and security.
- Working with collaborative virtual teams located in different countries around the world, aligning and adapting different work, culture and communication styles
- A career at one of the leading global healthcare companies.
- Contract of employment with attractive reward package (annual bonus & awards for outstanding performance, recognition awards for additional achievements and engagement, holiday benefit)
- Family friendly environment (Flexible working solutions: Short Fridays).
- Employee Assistance Program – access to free psychological, legal and financial advisory and support.
- Life insurance and pension plan.
- Attractive private medical package
- Sports cards (Multisport).
- Possibilities of development within the role and company’s structure.
- Personalized learning approach (mentoring, online training’ platforms: Pluralsight, Business Skills, Harvard Manage Mentor, Skillsoft and external training).
- Encouraging community and integration events.
- Modern office with creative rooms, fresh fruits every day.
- Free car and bike parking, locker rooms and showers.
- You can work up to 4 days a week from home (Performance with Choice)
- Company Car or Car Allowance
- Long term incentives
GSK is an Equal Opportunity Employer and, in the US, we adhere to Affirmative Action principles. This ensures that all qualified applicants will receive equal consideration for employment without regard to race, colour, national origin, religion, sex, pregnancy, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression, age, disability, genetic information, military service, covered/protected veteran status or any other federal, state or local protected class.
Your application has been successfully submitted.
we help people around the world do more, feel better and live longer.