Major Incident Manager - Associate
Major Incident Management
- Own and drive incident management bridge calls and chats with production management, application development, infrastructure teams, and senior leadership with the purpose of remediating customer-impacting incidents quickly.
- Establishing strong command and control of an Incident, establishing clear accountability and methodical evaluation of complex issue scenarios.
- Competent and reliable adherence to critical process and procedure, and appropriate escalations in support of production incidents.
- Applying technical and environmental knowledge and experience to develop and drive appropriate workstreams, forming paths to resolution.
- Distribution of clear and concise communications, summarizing incidents and the business/customer experience to a wide group of technical and non-technical audiences.
- Provide detailed notes of highly visible production issues (P1 level tickets) on a timely basis to the production support staff and executive management.
- Ensure incident data is accurately captured and documented in the incident recording tools.
- Priming appropriate materials and follow-ups to hand-off to the Root Cause Analysis phase in the Problem Management process.
- Provide additional support for any quarterly releases, conversions or projects as required.
Work Load Coordination
- Provide first level triage of new incidents and perform correlation of events
- Assign Incident Managers to all Major Incidents
- Be the point of contact between different Production Assurance Centers
- Manage resources to ensure the most effective use of personnel
- Provide high level Air Traffic Control of the production environment
- At least 5 years of relevant experience within a technology environment is required
- Incident management experience
- Extensive customer service and client interaction skills
- Experience conducting root cause analysis, documenting findings, and designing plans to rectify production issues
- Possess critical thinking and troubleshooting skills.
- Ability to think and act independently to resolve production issues.
- Must display a history of achieving goals in a high performance environment.
- Advanced analytical skills.
- Must be able to multitask in a fast paced environment utilizing multiple tools.
- Demonstrates excellent verbal and written communication skills necessary to work effectively with a variety of individuals and organizations
- Advanced PC skills including Microsoft Excel, Word, Access, and PowerPoint
- Able to work a 12-hour shift pattern as determined by the hiring manager (work schedule will include a weekend).
J.P. Morgan is a global leader in financial services, providing strategic advice and products to the world's most prominent corporations, governments, wealthy individuals and institutional investors. Our first-class business in a first-class way approach to serving clients drives everything we do. We strive to build trusted, long-term partnerships to help our clients achieve their business objectives.
We recognize that our people are our strength and the diverse talents they bring to our global workforce are directly linked to our success. We are an equal opportunity employer and place a high value on diversity and inclusion at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of any protected attribute, including race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, marital or veteran status, pregnancy or disability, or any other basis protected under applicable law. In accordance with applicable law, we make reasonable accommodations for applicants' and employees' religious practices and beliefs, as well as any mental health or physical disability needs
Your application has been successfully submitted.
The right relationship is everything