Senior Problem Manager
Want to do the best work of your life? With 24 million customers in 7 countries, make your mark at Europe's leading media and entertainment brand. A workplace where you can proudly be yourself; our people make Sky a truly exciting and inclusive place to work.
Group Technology (GT) is the engine room, creating and owning platforms that entertain and support. Our technology is out there - it's the stage for brilliant content our customers love. Machine learning, data driven tools. Expert at keeping platforms and hundreds of applications running and nourished – that's pretty much everything our business does.
We're changing – working as one, connecting our leading-edge teams to deliver better work and innovation. Agile. Scalable. Efficient. It's welcoming, inclusive and a place where everyone can be themselves. Harmonising, modernising and innovating.
In Group Service Management - Service Operations we drive service excellence by leading technology operational principles and service protection methods across all countries. We oversee Sky's readiness for new products and key events, we ensure that all changes happen seamlessly and that we recover quickly from any incidents so that our services are always available. Working closely with the teams in Italy and Germany, we will build our capabilities and bring consistency to our processes across all markets
What You'll Do
- You will be responsible for delivering and developing the overall Technology Problem framework, policy and operating model utilised across Sky Group and aligned with evolving integrations with Comcast NBCU. Contribute to the vision, priorities and requirements for service reliability and process improvements around Problem Management.
- You'll operate and drive the target operating model for the Group Problem Management role, with clear ownership and responsibility. You will deliver a comprehensive knowledge transfer for all direct or indirect Problem Managers. You will be accountable for ensuring Problem Management services continue as a Centre of Excellence for Sky Group.
- Responsible for reliability, you will contribute to driving global support teams to implement capabilities to proactively identify platform risk and effectively mitigate, to optimise the approach for reacting to an identified deviation and identify technical and operational improvements that require senior leadership financial and sponsorship investment You will contribute to the delivery of continuous learning and improvement, identifying and mitigating future risks to our services.
- You will be responsible for leading the operational and reliability performance of the Technical support organisation both internally and externally. Excellence will be benchmarked and consistently measured to drive continuous improvement. You will ensure the related audit/regulatory requirements for Sky Group are delivered to a high standard.
- Leading reliability best practises driving service protection through continuous enhancements of data trending analysis, predictive identification, engagement, technical automation and communication.
- Bringing together the relevant skills from each of our main operating countries and gel them into a single cohesive team ensuring that all teams collaborate to deliver.
What You'll Bring
- A brilliant people leader with boundless optimism, passionate about building a world-beating team. The ability to help set a compelling vision to operate, clear objectives and motivate a high performing function and team. Driving a culture of collaboration across Sky Group.
- You'll have strong experience and a desire to deliver service excellence. Leading across the business to understand priorities. You'll have the skills, motivation and aptitude to lead in a high profile, fast-paced environment, drive virtual teams, address immediate risks, as well as deal with multiple complex situations all at once and across all countries.
- Comfortable with working across an extensive range of technologies. You will have a deep understanding and knowledge of the complex architecture and platforms that underpin our services. Appreciation of DevOps and Agile practices and ability to deliver Service Management methodologies to best suit an excellent response.
- Highly visible, credible in gaining trust and building relationships with stakeholders at all levels with the aptitude to influence, empower, guide and lead groups.
- Passionate about connecting stakeholders and customers with the right information at the right time. Instilling a proactive, forward-thinking, innovative standard of excellence.
- Keeping the customer at the heart of everything we do. Driving satisfaction for the business, our internal and external customers. Delighting customers is as important as technical delivery. Being a trusted adviser to the business, making decisions to ensure excellent performance and reliability.
Group Service Management: Our team enables everything we do at Sky, technology, our products, customer interactions, and how we work across teams and partners organisations. We drive service excellence in our products, ensuring they're always available, performing at their best. We're relentless, chasing improvement in every customer moment, through design, execution, measurement, and learning. GSM works with technology owners to drive excellence across the end-to-end service, in alignment with our business and customer service strategies.
There's a reason people can't stop talking about #LifeAtSky. Our great range of rewards really are something special, here are just a few:
- Sky Q, for the TV you love all in one place
- A generous pension package
- Private healthcare
- Discounted mobile and broadband
- Where you'll work: (Osterley, Leeds or Livingston)
Our Osterley campus is a 10-minute walk from Syon Lane train station. Or you can hop on one of our free shuttle buses that run to and from Osterley, Chiswick Park, Gunnersbury, Acton Town and Ealing Broadway tube stations. There's also plenty of parking, bike shelters and showers.
On campus you'll find six subsidised restaurants and a Waitrose. You can keep in shape at our subsidised gym, catch the latest shows and movies at our cinema, get your car washed and even get pampered at our beauty salon.
Our spacious tech hub is under a mile away from Leeds train station, with free water taxis available from Granary Wharf. There's also plenty of parking in the surrounding streets and at the nearby CitiPark.
You can also blow off steam over a game of pool or table tennis, and stay fit at our subsidised gym.
Livingston Watermark House
Our lively campus is a free shuttle bus away from Livingston South train station and the town centre. Plus there's onsite parking available for cars, motorbikes and bicycles.
You'll be well fed at our subsidised canteen, and you can keep in shape at our onsite gym. Or play a game of pool or table tennis.
Recognised as an 'Inclusive Top 50 Employer' and a 'Times Top 50 Employer for Women', we're working hard to ensure we're a truly inclusive place to work. This means we don't just look at your CV. We're more focused on who you are and the potential you'll bring to Sky. We also know that everyone has a life outside work, So we're happy to discuss flexible working.
And we'll do everything we can to support you during your application. If you need us to make any adjustments to our recruitment process, speak to our recruitment team who will be happy to support you.
Apply now to build an amazing career and be part of a brilliant team. We can't wait to hear from you.
To find out more about working with us, search #LifeAtSky on social media. A job you love to talk about.
Just so you know: if your application is successful, we'll ask you to complete a criminal record check. And depending on the role you have applied for and the nature of any convictions you may have, we might have to withdraw the offer.
Your application has been successfully submitted.
Believe in Better