EMEA Major Incident Management Head, VP
Are you someone who strives to get to the bottom of any situation? Are you someone who is not comfortable with unknowns? Do you have an innately investigative and analytical mindset? If so, then we need someone like you here in Citi’s Production Operations – Service Assurance organization. We are an enterprise-focused organization responsible for monitoring and leading the delivery of technology services to our clients. We seek to achieve 99.99% uptime and reduce opportunities for failures or reoccurrence of failure in the environment and prevent similar events in the future. You would join an elite group of individuals who share a real passion for the client experience and service delivery. Our ultimate objective is to be as proactive as possible thereby reducing the need for reactive client relationship management and associated data reporting and analytics.
As the Regional Incident Manager Head you will have a unique opportunity to get exposure to every line of business and service that Citi offers - everything from Retail / Commercial Banking, Payment Processing, Trade/Security processing, Foreign Exchange (Currency) Platforms, Online/Mobile Channels and others. We are a learning organization, meaning every situation gives us information that we will use to continually evolve our standards, processes and tooling. The Service Now service management suite is the tool of choice for all ITIL process disciplines and you will be a custodian and change agent for all of our process disciplines but also how they interact and apply to the business and customer needs.
The ideal individual for this role will have a good blend of technical and soft skills. We are seeking a dynamic communicator with considerable interpersonal skills, who has strong deductive reasoning capabilities and can communicate up/down/across a Global enterprise. In the role, you will drive initiatives from inception to closure and are expected to have solid attention to detail, not giving up until the objective is achieved.
Experience in large scale Business/Technology Operations, Service Management / Continual Service Improvement and/or Business/App Support would certainly be an asset but should not discourage anyone with the core skills described here or below from applying. If you demonstrate extensive research ability, logical analysis, the application of cause and effect, and the tenacity to ask probing questions to uncover the underlying causes, this role may be a fantastic fit for you. Additionally, high levels of skill and confidence are imperative while conducting reviews with the business and technical domain experts. This involves taking lead and directing all Service Management related efforts for the region.
Head the Regional Incident Management Group in Citi Technology Infrastructure including planning, organizing, monitoring, controlling & leading the various process functions in full compliance with Citi Information Technology Policy and Standards.
Liaise and coordinate with Regional Technology Managers, Regional CIO Council, Operations and Technology Heads and Business Managers regarding services provided by Citi Technology Infrastructure for the region.
Collaborate and seek harmonies with all support teams - Operations, Application Development Units, Data Center, Distributed Operations, and Production Support.
Own the Risk & Control function for the region’s Incident Management process. This includes running internal/external/regulatory audits, addressing audit/regulatory/self-identified issues, executing global/regional control and risk management programs, planning/executing strategic initiatives, working/coordinating with partners in other regions/functions, developing talent, and managing financials.
Develop and implement strategic initiatives across a diverse team within the respective region.
Identify focal points then lead causal analysis investigations to successfully identify the true root causes of problems that impact the Citi Technology Infrastructure Operations and Technology IT estate
Develop and cultivate multi-function / multi-sector partner relationships at all levels of the organization.
Lead and assist our organization and leadership with Audit and Problem governance metrics.
Identify areas of waste and recommend improvements in the form of automation, consolidation or elimination.
Collaborate with Application / Business / Development areas to track progress of service improvement program(s)
Develop and lead Service Improvement Programs for chronic conditions
- A senior leader with a consistent track record of building and leading diverse global teams
- Broad experience in an IT-related operational support role
- Fundamental experience with ITIL good practices is a plus
- Operational experience with Service Management / Problem Management is helpful
- Experience with enterprise-level service management tools (e.g., Service Now, BMC Remedy, HP Service Center) preferred
- Highly proficient interpersonal skills and proven track record facing off with senior Business/Technology partners
- Highly organized presentation, negotiation and customer service skills
- Creative thinker who challenges the status quo
- Strong analytic/diagnostic skills and attention to detail
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent work experience
- Competitive salary & social benefits (e.g. private healthcare care, Benefit System, life insurance)
- Work in a friendly and diversified environment, appreciating differences in style and perspective and using them to add value to decisions leading to organizational success
- A great environment for learning new technology and tools, online and instructor led training opportunities
- Working in a friendly, dynamic and multinational environment
- Opportunity to have an influence on the way you perform your tasks - our teams are constantly looking for new and better ways and we encourage all improvement ideas
- A chance to make a difference with various affinity networks and charity initiatives
Being the best requires working together — across time zones, languages and borders. That can only take place in an environment where people respect, value and support one another. Citigroup is an equal opportunity employer and we value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate against interviewees or employees regardless of their status.
Job Family Group:
Citi is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer.
Qualified applicants will receive consideration without regard to their race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or status as a protected veteran.
Citigroup Inc. and its subsidiaries ("Citi”) invite all qualified interested applicants to apply for career opportunities. If you are a person with a disability and need a reasonable accommodation to use our search tools and/or apply for a career opportunity review Accessibility at Citi.
Your application has been successfully submitted.
The whole world in one bank