Major Incident Manager
We Believe in Better!
We are a global information technology company that builds high-performance, security-centric solutions that can help change the world. Enhancing people’s lives through secure, reliable advanced technology is our vision.
At Unisys, we believe in better! Here, you have the opportunity to learn new skills, apply your expertise, and solve complex problems with cutting edge technologies and solutions. You are part of a globally diverse team that supports you, drives change and delivers successful results consistently.
Our associates are at the forefront of everything we do, driving our clients’ successes while giving back to communities and making this world a safer and more secure place to live and work. Our success is a direct result of the work of our people who live and breathe our Core Beliefs. Simply put, we believe in better lives. Join us!
Learn more about Unisys and our key solution offerings: Unisys, Stealth™, CloudForte®, InteliServe™
What success looks like in this role:
As the Major Incident Manager for our Federal Government client you will oversee, facilitate, and administer ITIL based service support in the coordination of incident ownership on a 24x7 basis.
Responsibilities include the management and oversight of major incidents, which may include incident management, Major Incident Management and problem management, as well as resource coordination, customer management, dispute and technical resolution management, and communications at various levels during services engagements.
- Provides point of contact for issues and facilitates process related meetings such as Daily operations and Problem Review Board
- Ensures contractual service support requirements are understood and managed.
- Ensures effective communication and coordination of problem-solving efforts between support teams, account teams, field service personnel and customers
- Collaborates with other team members to ensure consistency of delivery, adherence to standard practices, and continuous improvement.
- Facilitates Unisys standard processes for ITIL core functions such as Major Incident Management, and Problem Management etc
- Compiles analyzes and reports statistical data and trends relating to service level compliance and operational effectiveness
- Provides training and mentoring for functional teams to ensure that process guidelines are understood and followed.
- Reviews incident, ageing and works with resolver group members to ensure compliance with process guidelines
- Reviews trend analysis to conduct Proactive Problem Management and eliminate reoccurring issues
- Works closely with Service Delivery Managers to proactively monitor SLA performance and report on them accurately
You will be successful in this role if you have:
- Minimum of 2 years of relevant experience or equivalent combination of education and work experience
- Proven experience in Incident Management or similar roles
- Basic understanding of ITIL V3 processes and principals. ITIL 4 would be an advantage
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Available for on-call response and call out for the client on alternate weeks
Your application has been successfully submitted.
Securing your tomorrow