Assistant Vice President/Vice President, Command Center Major Incident Manager
- 5 Years of production experience with technology infrastructure and/or Networks.
- Excellent call management skills, with experience in coordinating and tracking troubleshooting activities across multiple groups to ensure rapid problem resolution and recovery
- Working understanding of multiple technology disciplines.
- Experience as an Incident Manager, ITIL certification preferred.
- Use of Service Management tools such as Maximo/Remedy.
- Strong Command and Control capability, exercised in Oral/Written communication.
- Working understanding of the problem management and root cause analysis process.
What you can expect
- The CTO Command Centers are accountable for the availability and performance of Bank of America’s global technology services. The primary mission of the Command Center is to enable operational excellence through the detection, prediction and prevention of customer and business-impacting incidents and to restore service as quickly as possible when disruptions occur.
- Bank of America has three primary Command Centers, supporting one of the largest technology footprints in the world they are located in Singapore, Richmond USA and Chester UK. Comprised of Command & Control, Infrastructure IT Operations Management & Network Operations they serve the business all day, every day.
- The Command & Control function is the heart of the Command Centre, responding to incidents in real-time as they are escalated in. They are ultimately responsible in ensuring that technology incidents are restored in the shortest amount of time and communicated/escalated appropriately.
- You will support this global team in a 24x7x365 follow-the-sun model, on a flexible working pattern (including weekends) to manage Major Incidents
What you will do
- Join major incident bridge lines, quickly gain a core understanding of the issue in flight to structure workstreams and control the flow of communication to ensure focus is maintained on driving service restoration.
- Ensure all incidents have clearly defined business impact statements and communicate with stakeholders and/or executives through multiple steams (persistent chat, email, bridgeboard) to provide the appropriate level of detail for awareness and collaboration.
- Facilitate investigation by engaging the required technical or business resources to assist in the triage of a major incident.
- Demonstrate an understanding of impact and severity, to escalate for management attention as required through succinct and well-articulated executive level communication.
- Leverage monitoring platforms to identify potential causes or solutions to incidents from past occurrences.
- Participate in planned data center/site isolations tests for critical sites.
- Observe lower-severity incidents and ensure the right level of focus is given to restore services, to avoid escalating into a Major Incident.
- This role is part of a team of based in Singapore and working with a global team in Chester and America.
About Bank of America
Our purpose as a firm is to make financial lives better, through the power of every connection. Across the world, we partner with leading corporate and institutional investors through our offices in more than 35 countries. In the U.S. alone, we serve almost all of the Fortune 500 companies and approximately 67 million consumer and small-business clients. We provide a full suite of financial products and services, from banking and investments to asset and risk management. We cover a broad range of asset classes, making us a global leader in corporate and investment banking, sales and trading.
Connecting Asia Pacific to the world
Our Asia Pacific team is spread across 19 cities in 12 markets. We are focused on connecting Asia to the world and the world to Asia, using our global expertise to ensure success is shared between us, our clients and our communities. Our regional footprint covers 12 currencies, more than a dozen languages and five time zones, placing us firmly among the region’s leading financial services companies.
Your application has been successfully submitted.
Life's better when we're connected