Major Incident Manager
Major Incident Manager is a critical role to drive quick remediation of large impacting incidents. This role is responsible for facilitating the incident resolution bridge and providing written and verbal updates to stakeholders. Identifying and documenting critical action items is crucial to the success of this position.
Facilitate the restoration of services by maintaining command and control of major incident bridge calls. Ensure proper resolution teams are engaged and quickly work towards restoration of Change Healthcare services. Identify and document all relevant action items and follow up items from the incident bridge.
Quickly assess the severity of an outage and report business impact. Provide frequent, clear, and concise communications to internal Change Healthcare teams on the status of incidents.
Maintain a heightened sense of urgency to reduce customer impact.
Monitor environment for incident SLA violations and any impact to services.
Collaborate with stakeholders to ensure all guidelines are met as well as meet with stakeholders to understand business structure.
Help drive the efficiency and effectiveness of the Incident Management process. Stay current with emerging trends and best practices in service management.
- Communication skills: excellent written and verbal skills in providing updates to various levels of the organization. Ability to understand and translate technical information and issues into communications that can be easily understood.
- Problem-solving and analytical skills: With limited information, identify support teams and the path forward. Ask probing questions to identify where the problem lies and who is needed to resolve it.
- Decision-making skills: ability to assess a situation and make a sound, strong judgement based on facts.
- IT Knowledge: basic understanding of industry-standard technologies (Network, Windows, Open Systems, Mainframe, etc).
- Collaboration: Strong interpersonal and teamwork skills. Work across many teams for one common goal.
- Leadership skills: ability to own the bridge call and drive peers to resolution. Command and control.
- Organizational skills: Track many parallel tasks and paths to remediation (multi-tasking). Document all action items and follow up on each task.
- Ability to work on-call rotation: support a 365x24x7 organization.
- Bachelor’s Degree
- ITIL Foundations certified (v3 or v4)
- Minimum 3-5 years of experience in ITIL Incident Management.
- 5+ years in IT Operations environment
- Any ServiceNow and/or ITIL certifications are a plus.
Your application has been successfully submitted.
Insight. Innovation. Transformation.